Over the years, there have been many developments with clothing and the material used. People can easily purchase a robust set of clothing from various online stores. Every sport comes with its type of gear for players to put on when practicing or playing the game.
A quick look at the best cheap gis
- Best Affordable BJJ Gi Overall: Sanabul Essential V.2 Ultra-Light BJJ Jiu Jitsu Gi
- Best Premium BJJ Gi pick: Hayabusa Lightweight Jiu Jitsu Gi
- Best budget BJJ Gi pick: Elite Sports BJJ GI
How we chose
- Quality. We included items produced by reputable manufacturers that adhere to good manufacturing processes.
- Vetting. We take product selection seriously. We only want to recommend the highest quality products, which is why we carefully vet every potential supplier.
- Price. We try to provide options for everyones budget preferences.
Recommended: Best BJJ Gi
Best Cheap BJJ
Best Affordable BJJ Gi Overall
1. Sanabul Essential V.2 Ultra-Light BJJ Jiu Jitsu Gi
Sanabul Essential V.2 went through significant changes and enhancements. It has become the No.1 choice for many buyers. Its many advantageous features include:
- Perfect fit – People looking to buy the BJJ Gi overall do not have to use the guessing game to get their size. You can wash the pre-shrunk Gi in cold water, hand-dry it, and it will still be the same. You can always find your appropriate size by checking the Sanabul sizing chart. If slight fitting problems arise, wash it in hot water and machine dry to bring it down a size.
- The right item for you – The creation of the product was to serve Gi enthusiasts specifically. The manufacture of the Essential series is to endure a long period of use. The prices of such products are also reasonable so that every BJJ Gi player can afford them. The manufacturers’ of the product made sure to put it through various tests by professionals to ensure its robust quality. The product has a worldwide endorsement by top competitors like John Danaher, legendary Jiu-Jitsu coach, and BJJ black belt Guilherme. It helps buyers understand that the grit they command is like the well-known players’ command in the ring.
- Exact fitting – The Sanabul Essential is ideal for all related sports, which give off a clean look and style. Rest assured, you can confidently wear it on your first day of practice. You can also wear it to give yourself an upgraded or enhanced look.
- Lightweight with heavy-duty performance – During the hot summer months, the Sanabul light BJJ Gi is excellent and keeps a player light-footed for their competition. However, the product has tapered sleeves and strong rubberized collars. The thick single weave details help players to experience both firmness and speed.
- Remains clean and dry – the product is uniquely treated to keep it more hygienic and dryer. Such attributes are especially ideal during marathon gym sessions.
Best Premium BJJ Gi pick
2. Hayabusa Lightweight Jiu Jitsu Gi
The products available today have many positive features that help players perform their best, like the Hayabusa Lightweight Gi. Some notable features are:
- Material – The product is of jacket material with 420-gsm pearl-weave cotton. The pants have an 8oz ripstop with a blend of cotton-polyester and drawstrings that provide the ideal IBJJF. Such features are adaptable with the BJJ kimono for competition and training.
- Long-lasting and sound quality – The lightweight Gi’s reinforced seams help endure exhausting competition and training years. Its skillful design concentrates on the good functioning, fit, and feel of the product.
- Texture – The high-end fabric of the product is not just light but is durable and ideal for extended burning grappling sessions.
- Fitting – The product is available in many sizes. Buyers can look at the Size Chart in the description portion to find their fit.
- Instructions for care – To avoid color fading, the manufacturers pre-treated the product. The pre-wash treatment of the fabric allows the color to hold and continue to preserve its wholeness. The comfort and feel remain unchanged even after every wash. It is advisable to wash the product in cold water and hang it to dry to avoid shrinkage.
- 350-GSM pearl-weave cotton
- IBJJF approved
- 8oz ripstop pants
- Reinforced lapels, knees, and stress areas for durability
- Pre-treated to prevent color fade
- Stretch drawstring
- Competition Gi
Best budget BJJ Gi pick
3. Elite Sports BJJ GI
The attributes of the product tell a lot about its functions and reliability, and the manufacture of the Elite Gi is 60% Cotton and 40% Polyester.
- Sizing – The product is available in 10 sizes, and you can find your perfect fit in the Size Chart.
- Non-shrink – You can rest assured that your Elite Sports Gi will not shrink as the product is pre-shrunk fabric. The product yields the best result when washed in cold water. Its material of the products is also durable and robust.
- Approved by IBJJF – The product is IBJJF approved, allowing players to wear IT in all tournaments and competitions hosted by IBJJF. The elegant and stylish design of the BJJ Jiu Jitsu Gi is available for both women and men from ages 18 – 55 years.
- White Belt free with Stripe Bar – There is a free beginner’s white belt that comes as a complimentary of the BJJ Gi product. Player’s can use it as their stepping stone to scale higher levels.
- Minimize the chances of rotten smell – The lightweight material in the Gi diffuses the sweat swiftly, avoiding the risk of lingering lousy odor on the product. The product is low-maintenance, and you can easily wash it after every training session.
4. Your Jiu Jitsu Gear Gi
Like any Jiu-Jitsu Gear, this product features all the necessary and commendable quality.
- High quality material – The Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is 100% cotton and made in the USA.
- Excellent price and quality – The whole product is made of pre-shrunk cotton with 450 premium fabrics. The no Rip-Stop and Pearl weave fabric allows it to retain its lightweight and durability. The slim and light texture will enable players to move about seamlessly and an advantage over their opponent.
- Straightforward design – The product is available in simple styles of different colors. It will allow you to add any design or stitch badges of your desire to the uniform.
- Overall design – Hygiene is one of the most important factors to consider when it comes to sportswear. The rubberized collar will help to maintain a cleaner and better wearing experience. The stretchy rope of the Gi drawstrings allows people to tie it comfortably around them. The pre-shrunk uniform does not contract unless dried on high once in a while when necessary.
- Capability – The uniform design focuses on training requirements and not for some fashion bit. The clean and lasting uniform helps players to exert emphasis on training and learning.
- Minimal shrinkage
- The material holds still when introduced to aggressive rolling and drilling
- Reasonable pricing
- Purchase a size down as it can run large
- The product is not smooth but textured
- The jacket can run small, so it is best to get a size up to get the more oversized shoulder design
5. Fuji BJJ Uniform Gi
The Fuji BJJ Uniform Gi features some of the most ideal and genuine qualities that make up a full gaming uniform.
- BJJ Gi – The Fuji BJJ Uniform Gi is a best seller worldwide and trusted by many. It is also an award-winning brand and recognized by various industry publications.
- Jiu-Jitsu Uniform – The fitting of the Gi uniform is exact with a firm mid-weight, broad collar, and multi-layered boost across all stress points. It has strong durability and ease of comfort.
- Kimono blended with cotton – The Fuji BJJ Uniform Gi pants contain a high-quality blend of cotton twill with a cotton drawstring.
- Gears – World-renowned organizations like Brazilian Top Team, Ribeiro, Roger Gracie, Team Renzo Gracie, Rilion Gracie, etc., approves the Fuji BJJ Gi.
6. Venum Contender 2.0 BJJ Gi
The Venum Contender Gi is an ideal MMA gear and does not disappoint. Its features have been the reason for its popularity and rapid sale.
7. Jayefo Sports Gi
Like any real Jiu-Jitsu Gi uniform, the Jayefo Sports Brazilian Gi for Men & Women commands superior features. It is a favorite among many Jiu-Jitsu enthusiasts and professionals. Its well-known attributes are:
- Pre-shrunk and lightweight – The weight of the product is light and treated with the pre-shrunk component. You can easily wash it in cold water and hang it to dry.
- White BJJ Belt free – The durable white BJJ belt comes free of charge with the Jayefo Sports Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Gi. Such offers are ideal in helping you save money and time.
- Approved by IBJJF – The Jayefo Sports Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Gi has the approval of the IBJJF. Such legality allows players to wear it to all competitions organized by IBJJF.
- Space for affixing patches – The straightforward design of the Jayefo Gi allows players to put up any stickers or patches they want on it. You can also fix Sponsor or Jiu-Jitsu Academy patches to your uniform.
- Warranty – You can expect to find the confirmation of the Jayefo Sports Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Gi covers for one year. The guarantee covers various Jayefo merchandise like Gi top, BJJ Gi belt fabric, stitching, Gi pants, etc.
Gi Buyers Guide
When beginning your Jiu-Jitsu journey, it is always tempting to get the best equipment regardless of price and quality. However, it would be best to understand that different uniforms are available depending on levels and expertise. As a beginner, it is always advisable to read reviews before making random purchases. Before you go on a buying spree, you also need to ask yourself if your resolve is absolute. There are certain things to consider before you zero in on your brand.
1. Finding the ideal fit
The first things to look out for are the sizing measurements. Every brand includes a Sizing Chart on their website so you can follow the instructions to find your perfect fit. Always make sure to do a double check before buying the item. Another crucial tip is to confirm if your Gi has been ‘shrunk to fit’ or ‘pre-shrunk.’ Most brands pre-shrink their Gi uniform, but you can wash it after use and refrain from putting it in the dryer.
Loosely fitted or extra material will allow your opponent to grab or pull onto it for support. However, tight Gi’s can pose difficulties when contorting yourself in certain positions. The Gi sizes range from smallest 0 to the massive 6. People of different weights, shapes, and heights can find it in their sizes. It is also advisable to never wash the BJJ Gi belt. The Gi uniform you choose will have to sustain all the practice sessions, training, and competition. Therefore it is crucial to know about the various types of GIs available before you rush off to buy one.
2. Before buying a BJJ Gi, there are certain things you need to know
- Color – The conventional Gi color is white; however, these days, you can find it in other colors like black, blue, etc. If your purchase is for training, there are no restrictions on whatever color you wear. However, some professors would not allow non-traditional colors. In such situations, it is always best to consult with your teacher. When wearing a plain Gi, it is best to add patches or stickers of the school or organization you represent
- Pricing – Every brand of Gi comes in a different price range. When starting as a beginner, it is always advisable to stick to a lower price range. There is no telling if you will stick out the course as Jiu Jitsu’s art is a grueling form of sport. If you decide to discontinue the system, you will not regret it later if you initially had not spent so much.
- Weave – The different styles of weave has additional functionality. The Single weave is less expensive, lighter, and not strong compared to other BJJ Gi’s. The Double weave is comfortable because of the added strength, affordability, and durability. The Gold weave, on the other hand, displays aspects of both the single and double weaves. With Gold weave, players do not feel uncomfortable or weighed down as it is robust and reliable. Other available weaves include platinum weave, ripstop weave, honeycomb weave, and pearl weave.
- Manufacture of all Gi is different: People outside of Jiu-Jitsu find the various Gi items the same; however, every Gi is not the same. Durability is one of the essential details of a Gi. The best way to ensure and secure your Gi from soiling is by choosing one with strong stitch and material. It is also essential to care for it and mind when you train. The material of the collar filling is crucial in changing the size, shape, and durability. Most practitioners prefer the rubber insert as it dries fast, is more rigid and thicker.
- Securing the balance between functional yet stylish Gi: Many professional practitioners like to look suitable and perform well on the mat. Securing a good-looking Gi can make you feel confident and boost you mentally as well. With the popularity of the sport, many brands have started to manufacture well patterned Gi’s. Some manufacturers also avail limited edition and deluxe Gis for collectors and high-level competitors. You can get some companies to customize the weave, colors, and other highlights of your Gi with some extra money.
3. Fillings of the collar
The filling in most BJJ Gi collars contains rubber or cotton with rubber’s most commonly used material. However, according to professionals, a cotton collar is the best fit as it provides comfort and is non-restrictive. It is also crucial to note that not all rubber collars are hazardous. For example, rubber collars do not hold much bacterial as opposed to cotton collars.
Frequently asked questions
How to choose the best GI?
There is no telling which BJJ Gi brands are the best in the market, as there are many these days—reading reviews of the best cheap BJJ Gi will help understand which products to buy. You must look for price, weave type and material, comfort, weight, fit, color, and design. According to its ranking, all well-known websites display a list of the popular BJJ Gi uniforms available in the market.
How to choose the right size?
Most people feel that the “A” size system is a little distressing in the beginning. However, you can efficiently work out the measurement with time, depending on your height and weight. It is general knowledge that every brand site provides its version of the BJJ Gi Size Chart. It is easy for you to find your measurements according to such size charts.
What’s the highest-quality material for a Gi?
Cotton is the standard when it comes to affordable, high-quality Gi’s. There are other materials available as well, but they cost a lot. The cotton material Gi’s are not just comfortable but easier to dry after washing. For beginners as well as professionals, many recommend using cotton material Gi.
Summing It Up
There are many brands of Gi products available in the market today. However, it is always advisable to do thorough research before buying one for yourself. Reviews are the best way to obtain details about any product. A detailed review of products like the one above helps determine which products to buy and meet buyers’ expectations.
For beginners, try to purchase BJJ Gi’s made of cotton with a single weave as it is lightweight and less expensive. There is no restriction in picking a color, but an ideal one would be white, acceptable. Other acceptable colors can be black or blue. Always remember to read the product description before buying it.